Warehousing Process and Materials Handling
Warehousing is a critical logistics function that manages the storage and handling of materials, work-in-process, and finished goods within supply chains. The warehousing function provides economic benefits, such as transaction efficiency and the consolidation and breaking bulk of inventories. It also plays a critical role in meeting customer requirements for the timely delivery of goods and services. This is accomplished through value-added services and fulfillment processes, while at the same time efficiently managing inventory costs.
- Linkage between warehousing and Supply chain
- Design of warehousing layout
- Warehousing adding value activities
- Warehousing process
- Material handling equipment
- Lean warehousing tools
- Safety management of warehousing
- Inventory management and stock control
- Distribution centers management
- Warehousing KPIs and performance management
At program completion participants will be able to
- Understand what is the role of warehousing management
- Enhance professional portfolio of technical skills by mastering the major concepts, terms, definitions, tools and techniques to for warehouse management
- Identify strategies for establishing efficient, effective, and sustainable warehouse management to reduce time and cost
- Explain the critical role of technology in operations for a better flow of material
- Identify strategies for establishing efficient, effective, and sustainable warehouse management to reduce time and cost control
- Understand the warehousing concept and processes
- Seniors and heads of warehousing
- Executives and Professionals who are involved in supply management.
- Professionals seeking in- depth knowledge and understanding of the warehouse management
- Juniors stock controllers who are involved in supply chain management.