Supply Chain Management Introduction
SCM, Supply Chain Management is designing , planning, execution, control, and monitoring of supply chain activities with the objective of creating added value, building a competitive infrastructure, leveraging worldwide logistics, synchronizing supply with demand and measuring performance globally.
Business professionals who want to make a significant impact on the efficiency, effectiveness or profitability of their organizations should consider learning more about supply chain management and its value for companies operating in today competitive marketplace.
– Supply Chain Management Introduction
– Forecasting and Demand Planning
– Supply Chain Management Definition
– Supply Chain Management Functions
– Customer and Market Focus
– Customer Service Customer First Concept
– Gap Analysis
– Supply Chain Improvement Process
– Management Model
– Work Process Definition and Documentation Standard
– Quality Improvement Process
– Challenges in Supply Chain Management
At program Completion; Participants will be able to:
- Understand the supply chain definition.
- Define the critical role of supply chain in customer satisfaction.
- List the factors affects the supply chain improvement process to bridge the gap between current state and the desired state.
- Understand what is meant by work process and the importance of the documentation in supply chain.
- Discuss the challenges of today competitive environment that affects the supply chain.
- Managers, Executives and Professionals who are involved in supply chain management.
- Professionals seeking in- depth knowledge and understanding of the Supply Chain Management Principals.