MRP workshop | Material Requirements Planning
MRP is a set of techniques that uses bill of material data, inventory data, and the master production schedule to calculate requirements for materials. It makes recommendations to release replenishment orders for material. It is time-phased and makes recommendations to reschedule open orders when due dates and need dates are not in phase. Time-phased MRP begins with the items listed on the MPS and determines the quantity of all components and materials required to fabricate those items and the date that the components and material are required.
- MRP environment (Inputs, processes, Outputs)
- Relations between MPS, BOM, inventory records & MRP
- Real case study:
- Create a linkage system with MPS, BPM & inventory for automotive product.
- Design a complete MRP processes
- Different types of Bill of Material (BOM)
- Different Types MRP Reports
- Real Case study:
- Create different types of BOM for actual one of FMCG products.
- Issue different types of MRP reports and manage it
At program completion participants will be able to:
- Identify the key elements of MRP and how they interact
- Explain the critical role of MRP to facilitate planning process for business
- Apply strategies for establishing efficient and effective MRP processes
- Assess the performance of MRP processes
- Manage actual cases of MRP