This is an introductory program for production and inventory management personnel and CPIM participants. CPIM P1 – BSCM provides basic definitions and concepts for planning and controlling the flow of materials within and out of an organization. It explains fundamental relationships among the activities that occur in the supply chain from suppliers to customers.
After the completion of CPIM P1 – BSCM, participants will be able to:
- Improve performance from understanding standard industry terminology.
- Able to think strategically, act tactically, and streamline operations.
- Understand various manufacturing environments.
- Increase Functional knowledge leads to more accurate forecasts and efficient use of resources.
- Understand internal supply chain operations and how to manage it effectively form sourcing, manufacturing, and distribution.
- Have insights to better manage supplier and customer relationships.
- Balance conflicting between business objectives which are customer service levels, cost of production, and inventory investment.
- Increased satisfying customer demand and ensure the availability of material and capacity resources.
- An understanding of how organization’s ERP and other systems are used to improve organizational performance will allow organization to maximize the ROI of current and future technology investments
- The tools to effectively manage supply chain activities are particularly important when suppliers, plants, distributors, and customers are located around the world